Make the SWITCH to USB in 5 Easy Steps!
1. Open Your Union State Bank Account
- Meet customer identification guidelines and minimum opening deposit requirements.
- Ask for your FREE Visa Debit Card and order your first box of checks. You will receive them in 7 to 10 business days.
- Sign up for FREE Online Banking & Bill Pay to begin viewing your new account and paying bills online!
- Sign up for FREE Mobile Banking & download our app to view your account on your mobile device
2. Stop Using Your Old Account
- Let all of your outstanding checks clear. This might take up to 10 days.
- Destroy OR bring in your unused checks, deposit slips and debit cards – WE’LL PAY YOU UP TO $25 FOR THEM!
3. Change Any Direct Deposits
- For payroll deposits, either contact your employer for instructions or fill out the included Direct Deposit Authorization Form and give it to your employer's payroll or HR department. [ Download Fillable Form ]
- For Federal, retirement, or any other source of Direct Deposit, you may use our forms, as well.
4. Change any Automatic Withdrawals
- Complete our Automatic Withdrawal Form for each payment or withdrawal you have. Don't forget payments that used your old debit card number. [ Download Fillable Form ]
- Include a voided check from your new Union State Bank checking account.
5. Close Your Old Account
- After making sure all of your automatic transactions have switched, use our Account Closure Authorization Form to notify your old financial institution. [ Download Fillable Form ]
- Your old bank then will send you a check for the remaining balance, or you can have it sent directly to us for deposit, whichever is most convenient for you.
- We can monitor your new account for your direct deposits and automatic withdrawals to begin clearing.
(In order to view the documents above in PDF form, you may need download Acrobat Reader for free.)